I was thinking to maybe not have her on the front solely because she is in majority of shots in the music video. However i still wanted the two to have a strong link therefore i thought having it in black and white might be a nice idea to link them.
I found this image
As it is in black and white it fits with the filter of our video and it also continues the theme of nature we also including in our video. As it stands out and ignores the rule of thirds it makes for a more dramatic and eye catching image. Along with the band name and album/song name overlapped.
For the inside I wanted one image to stretch across the middle the two that i think would work well is either.
The mirror shot or the graffiti shot.
Also i thought it might be nice to have colour in the inside covers as it will open to a pop of colour.
I thought of this idea after looking at Adele's '21' album as she also as a black and white album however the CD itself is green.
The front cover of this CD cover demonstrates the melancholic tone that is highlighted throughout the majority of her songs which keeps the consistency. However, i think that the decision to use this pop of colour is really effective especially as it is on the inside of the digipak.
The target audience will be expecting a melencholic vibe to the digipak thereofore the black and white colour pallete and the positioning of Adele on the cover fits the expectations of the audience. I think this will make them want to buy it more as it will be what they except therefore what they like. I would want to do the same with my digipak in order for a good marketing campaign.





No comments:
Post a Comment